Possibly the world’s healthiest cheesecake.
Who doesn’t love a good cheesecake?
This one is particularly special, made with ultra-healthy ingredients including chia seeds, cacao powder, Medjool dates, lucuma powder, coconut oil, hazelnuts, matcha green tea powder, and more. Who knew dessert could be so amazingly good for you?
The matcha tea powder itself is a powerful superfood that contains L-theanine, an amino acid that has the ability to both give energy and relax you. So, think a caffeine boost without the crash and jitters—basically just good focus with calm thrown in.
Matcha powder also helps fight against illnesses and chronic diseases such as macular degeneration, Alzheimer’s disease, heart disease, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, and certain types of cancer.
So, could this be the world’s healthiest cheesecake? Very possibly. Try out this vegetarian matcha cheesecake and see how great it makes you feel!
Vegetarian Raw Matcha Cheesecake RecipePublished: 2016-10-08
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons organic cacao powder
- 2–3 tablespoons certified organic maple syrup (grade B)
- 1 cup whole raw cashews, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 2 tablespoons warm filtered water
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 cup organic lucuma powder
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin organic coconut oil, melted
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
For the Base
For the Cake
- Before getting all your ingredients together, soak the cashews in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Place all the ingredients for the base into a food processor, and process until well incorporated and the mixture sticks together when pinched between your fingers.
- Spoon into a silicone mold. Press evenly to 1/4” thickness, all the way to the edges of the mold.
- Clean and dry your food processor, then drain the cashews and place into the processor.
- Dissolve the matcha in the water, and add to the processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the processor, and process until smooth.
- Divide this mixture evenly into your molds, spreading the top as smoothly as possible.
- Freeze for at least an hour before turning out onto a serving plate.
- Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
- Before serving, dust lightly with a small spoonful of matcha powder.
- (Optional) You can also garnish the pie with round slices of lime.
Matcha green tea powder can be added to nearly any recipe to give you a huge boost of antioxidants. To learn how to make more amazingly tasty treats and drinks using matcha powder, download our recipe book, or visit our Epic Matcha blog!