Warm up and relax with your own at-home matcha green tea latte.
If you’re a lover of comforting, yummy drinks that warm your whole body and make you feel luxurious and cozy, this one’s for you.
This vanilla matcha green tea latte recipe mixes delicious, earthy matcha with steamed milk, which is then topped with just the right amount of foam. It’s a dairy-free, vegan recipe that is super easy, as it only requires four ingredients.
Not only does this latte have a smooth and addictive taste, the matcha is also rich, flavorful, and full of antioxidants, which are great for you. Antioxidants are the magical nutrients and enzymes responsible for fighting against the negative effects of UV radiation, giving you younger-looking skin, and preventing a number of serious health problems including diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, stroke, and some types of cancer.
Matcha powder also detoxifies your body, getting rid of heavy metals and chemical toxins, and is a mighty immune system booster. It contains L-theanine, which helps give you a relaxed energy, less stress, more concentration, and alertness.
Matcha tea powder also helps you look pretty. It battles against the free radicals that make your skin look older; it helps keep your teeth and gums healthy; and it also helps keep your weight in check, because matcha is a major calorie-burner.
Please note that for this vanilla matcha green tea latte recipe, you’ll need a French press. It’s what makes this recipe so good (besides the matcha green tea powder, of course). There are plenty of cheap French presses, so don’t worry about breaking the bank.
In about 20 seconds, your matcha water will turn into a scrumptious vanilla green tea latte! Enjoy—you are about to become addicted!
Vanilla Matcha Green Tea Latte RecipePublished: 2017-04-20
- 1 teaspoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk, warmed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup hot water
- Whipped cream (optional, for topping)
- Add matcha powder to the French press.
- Add water, almond milk, and honey.
- Mix until combined. (Don’t worry if the matcha doesn’t completely dissolve.)
- Insert the press and quickly push it down, then pull it up continuously for 15 seconds—or until the latte is frothed to your liking.
- Pour into two 8-ounce cups, using a spoon to scoop out the foam and place it on top.
Yield 2 cups