Pretty little matcha thumbprint cookies for every party.
Thumbprint matcha cookies are always a hit at parties and other get-togethers. It just seems like no one can turn them down. They’re so charming and pretty, and now with this matcha twist, they’ll be healthy as well.
The light flavor of the matcha green tea pairs perfectly with the rich chocolate centers here, and the matcha green tea powder also brings a huge variety of health benefits.
Matcha green tea powder is known as a powerhouse of antioxidants and other amazing nutrients.
For your body, matcha tea powder helps fight against diabetes, strokes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure, oral diseases, Alzheimer’s, heart problems, and even certain types of cancer. Matcha also contributes to healthier skin and reduces inflammation.
For your mind, Matcha is a huge de-stresser. It helps give you a “relaxed energy”; it improves focus, concentration, and memory; and it releases dopamine, which will lift your mood if you’re feeling down.
So why not try this matcha dessert recipe and bake up a batch of these for your next event or company get-together, and watch how quickly they go! You and your guests will love them.
Paleo Thumbprint Matcha CookiesPublished: 2016-08-07
- 2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 1 tablespoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a blender or food processor, mix together the almond flour, green tea, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix in coconut oil, nectar, and vanilla extract until the dough comes together.
- Use a cookie scoop to make tablespoon-sized balls and place onto a lined baking sheet.
- Use your thumb to make indentions in the center of the balls. Don’t press too hard—you just want to make a nice dip for the chocolate to go inside.
- Place 3–4 chocolate chips into each thumbprint dip.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes. Once the cookies are done, use the back of a small spoon to blend the chocolate chips together.
- Let the matcha cookies cool on the baking sheet. When they’re cooled, serve and enjoy!
Yield 18 servings
Want to learn how to make matcha everything? Get our matcha recipe book, or visit our blog. You’ll quickly see how adding matcha to your everyday recipes will help you think better, feel better, and live better!