Luxurious and simple, this spiced pumpkin chia matcha pudding with vanilla cream topping will brighten your autumn days.
As we all know, pumpkin spiced EVERYTHING is in front of us right now, but if you want to try your hand at making your own fall-spiced treat, we have an especially delicious one for you to try—and of course, to incorporate a little
This is a spiced pumpkin chia matcha pudding that includes warming cayenne and ginger, as well as olive oil and orange (which is great for your liver). It obviously also contains chia seeds, which are amazing for your digestion, heart, energy, metabolism, bones, and teeth.
The matcha tea powder comes in the form of a cream topping to give you an extra energy boost to combat those colder, “slumpier” days, and the cream is also vanilla-flavored to give this matcha dessert recipe a luxurious final touch.
Enjoy this lovely treat, and feel absolutely wonderful!
Spiced Pumpkin Chia Matcha Pudding RecipePublished: 2016-10-20
- 5 tablespoons raw pumpkin juice
- 2 tablespoons raw coconut cream*
- 1 juiced orange
- 5×1cm fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 drops vanilla extract
- 3 handfuls of chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons raw coconut cream*
- 2 tablespoons liquid sweetener of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon Epic Matcha™ green tea powder
- 15 drops vanilla extract
for the chia layer
for the Matcha cream layer
*Blend young Thai coconut meat with just enough coconut water to form a cream.
- Place the pumpkin purée, coconut cream, juice from orange, grated ginger root, cayenne, and vanilla in a food processor (or use a hand blender).
- Blend until a smooth liquid appears. While blending, slowly add the olive oil.
- Pour liquid into a bowl, add chia seeds to it, and combine carefully, using a spoon or spatula. Make sure all of the chia seeds are covered by liquid in order to prevent them from sticking together.
- Place mixture in a bowl, and let it sit for at least an hour. You can even leave it to sit overnight.
- Place the coconut cream, your sweetener of choice, Matcha tea powder, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Use a whisk to make these ingredients into a smooth liquid cream.
- Pour this cream on top of the chia layer, and (preferably) put into the freezer for 30 minutes. This will help the cream to become firmer.