A sweet, spicy soup that is refreshing enough for summertime.
Even if you’re not a huge fan of gazpacho—which is a raw veggie-based soup served cold—you must try this summer twist on the traditional dish!
With this version, the main ingredient is sweet watermelon in the place of tomatoes, and the watermelon is put in the spotlight in a very yummy, savory way. Just the thing for summer.
Sweet and spicy, this melon matcha gazpacho is smooth and delicious, and is a great “gateway soup” into the world of gazpacho (if you’re not already familiar with it). It’s very light, zesty, and easy on the stomach, and has a host of incredible flavors. All perfect characteristics for a summer soup! This recipe also makes enough to share at a nice summer get-together.
The matcha green tea powder is a great addition to this already healthy soup. Matcha benefits include assisting in a healthy heart, gums, teeth, skin, detoxification, and immunity. It has also been proven to help prevent conditions such as diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, and certain types of cancer. Besides all this, it contains L-theanine, which gives you an energy boost while relaxing your mind, making it officially better than coffee! Matcha powder also helps you with focus, concentration, and memory. So, all in all, it’s not a bad thing to add to your soup!
So give this one a go, and experience the world of gazpacho!
Savory Melon Matcha Gazpacho RecipePublished: 2016-10-20
- 1 cantaloupe, peeled and seeded
- 1 English cucumber, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 3/4 cup coconut water
- Fresh mint leaves (for garnish)
- Chop the cantaloupe and cucumber.
- Place half the chopped cantaloupe into a blender with yogurt, and blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of cantaloupe and cucumber, and blend again.
- Pour the cantaloupe and cucumber into a mixing bowl and add cayenne, nutmeg, salt, matcha powder, salt, honey, and coconut water. Stir until blended.
- Pour into a tureen and chill for at least 1 hour prior to serving.
- Garnish with mint, serve, and enjoy!
Yield 8 servings
Matcha green tea powder can be added to nearly any recipe to give you a huge boost of antioxidants. To learn how to make more amazingly tasty treats and drinks using matcha powder, download our recipe book, or visit our Epic Matcha blog!