A Moist, Dense Matcha Cake with a Crunchy Outer Layer
Ready to try your new favorite Matcha-based snack?
Last week, we were delighted to learn that one of our Epic Matcha lovers, Sunny Naughton, tried a recipe for Matcha Green Tea Cake from The Vintage Mixer blog, with super yummy results. Thank you to Sunny for giving us the heads-up on this.
“It’s sweet and definitely holds up the green tea flavor, because Epic Matcha is the best,” she says. (And she’s right!)
Like Sunny, you will absolutely love this treat. The Matcha Cake recipe creates a moist, dense green tea cake with an outside that has a great crunch to it. It’s sweet, but not too sweet, so it can be enjoyed as a dessert or even as breakfast. And, as always, because it’s made using matcha green tea powder, this green tea cake will help improve your energy, metabolism, and mood.
The healing ability of Matcha green tea powder puts you in a calm, relaxed state of mind and helps give you a boost all day long. It also sharpens your memory, creativity, and focus while reducing stress. Although it soothes, it doesn’t make you drowsy—and although it gives you energy, it won’t cause you to “crash” the way caffeine does. (This is why so many coffee drinkers are beginning to prefer Matcha.) More bonuses: Matcha green tea powder fights diseases like cancer, and burns fat.
And besides all that, this matcha cake is easy, it’s healthy, and it’s delicious! Plus, it goes perfectly with matcha green tea.
Quick ‘n Easy Matcha Cake RecipePublished: 2015-09-21
Prep time: 60 mins Total time: 60 mins
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (you can also use butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk (you may use regular milk)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp Epic Matcha™ green tea powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a loaf pan well or line with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, cream together the coconut oil and sugar.
- Add almond milk and eggs, and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, matcha powder, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, and bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown on the outside and a toothpick comes out clean. Voilà!
Yield 1 loaf
Learn How to Order a Trial Size of Matcha
Matcha is not a fluffed up trend; it is a thousand year old superfood secret.
If you are searching for something to enhance your energy, calm your mind and relax your body, Matcha green tea powder may be the perfect choice for you.
Shouldn’t all desserts include a superfood? And all drinks too, for that matter? To learn how to make amazingly tasty lattes, smoothies, sparklers, shots, and more using this amazing superfood powder, order our Epic Matcha powder and receive a free matcha recipe book today!
Share this Recipe