Incredibly Yummy Moringa & Matcha Latte Recipe (Vegetarian)
A SUPER-SIMPLE RECIPE FOR A WARMING, CREAMY, VELVETY MATCHA LATTE.
Talk about a match made in heaven: matcha tea powder and moringa powder go hand-in-hand like peanut butter and chocolate. They’re very similar, but both offer different nutritional values.
Moringa, a tree native to India, has leaves that can be ground up, which is where the powder comes from. This moringa powder is a true superfood that contains huge amounts of antioxidants, phytonutrients, minerals, vitamins and amino acids. It’s particularly high in vitamin C, vitamin A, calcium, potassium, and protein.
When you combine moringa powder with the incredible disease-fighting properties of matcha green tea powder, you’ve got yourself a true health power punch of a drink. Matcha powder has the ability to help prevent diseases such as diabetes, stroke, unhealthy skin and teeth, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and even some types of cancer. It’s also a natural de-stresser and calorie-buster, as well as an immune system booster and a healthy heart promoter.
The flavors of these two amazing powders also complement each other. Moringa has a subtle and sweet taste, while matcha has an earthy, slightly bitter flavor. They harmonize together very well.
This matcha latte is packed with superfood goodness. It has boosting properties that will energize you and keep you alert and focused for hours.
Why not give it a try today?
Creamy Moringa and Matcha Latte Recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened, plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon Moringa leaf powder
- unpasteurized honey to taste (start with 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- NOTE: You may want to try using cashew milk for this recipe, as it has a naturally smooth and creamy consistency. However, you could use any other plant-based milk, such as coconut, macadamia, or almond milk.
- Combine the milk, matcha, and moringa powder in a small saucepan, and bring to a low simmer over medium heat, whisking a few times.
- Once the milk has thickened a little and is warmed up, gently transfer this to a blender. Add the coconut oil and honey, and blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a mug, serve immediately, and enjoy!
Yield 1 cup