These energizing, mint chip matcha protein bars will give you a power boost that tastes amazing.
There’s nothing like a good protein bar! They make the best breakfasts and snacks—and these mint chip matcha bars are even better than your regular protein bars, because they pack an extra wallop of energy, thanks to the matcha tea powder, chocolate, protein powder, and mint!
These are also sugar-, nut-, and gluten-free, and low-carb, as well as LCHF- and keto-friendly. Plus, they’re amazing for you because of the matcha health benefits.
First of all, matcha powder is full of powerful antioxidants, which are very effective at preventing diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, diabetes, heart and liver problems, and even cancer and HIV. Matcha’s antioxidants also help the body regulate blood sugar, burn calories faster, fight tooth decay, and prevent blindness induced by cataracts. Matcha is a great source of fiber; it’s a natural anti-inflammatory, and it boosts your immunity.
Besides these incredible health properties, matcha green tea powder also contains L-theanine, an amino acid which helps balance out its caffeine in such a way that you’ll have an “energized calm”, where you feel alert and focused, yet relaxed and mellow. It’s much preferable to the caffeine crash and edginess that coffee treats give you!
So, enjoy! These mint chip matcha protein bars make an excellent pre-workout snack, or just an anytime enjoyment—unless you’re trying to fall asleep, maybe!
Mint Chip Matcha Protein Bars RecipePublished: 2017-06-16
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons creamed coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar-free & unsweetened vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 10 drops stevia
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened bakers chocolate, chopped
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese, stevia, matcha powder, and creamed coconut. It may be helpful to mix using a fork.
- Add in the vanilla whey protein powder.
- Combine until a dough forms nicely.
- Sprinkle the chopped chocolate over the dough.
- Continue kneading the dough until the chocolate is evenly distributed.
- Press the dough mixture into the loaf pan.
- Chill for 10-20 minutes—not too long. You don’t want it hard, just chilled.
- Turn out the loaf onto a cutting board and slice the loaf into 8 equal pieces.
- Enjoy! The bars can be stored in the fridge when wrapped in wax paper.
Yield 8 servings
Matcha green tea powder makes a great addition to baked treats because it’s so good for you and has a great flavor. To learn how to make more recipes using matcha, download our recipe book or visit our Epic Matcha blog!