If you’ve been looking for new and exciting breakfast recipes, than we’ve got just the recipe for you. These matcha waffles are a great way to bring something new and nutritious to the breakfast table. In addition to a filling breakfast, these matcha waffles supply a powerful amount of antioxidants and vitamins that kick starts your energy and gets your body ready to conquer the day.
The matcha green tea powder in these fluffy matcha waffles provides a powerful punch of antioxidants that acts like an immune system booster, helps improve your brain function, and elevates your overall mood. The L-theanine found naturally in matcha green tea powder raises dopamine and serotonin levels to rise. Serotonin and dopamine are the brain chemicals responsible for keeping your overall mood in balance.
Additionally, these matcha waffles have a lovely lemon burst and are subtly sweet while still maintaining the fresh and light flavor of matcha green tea.
To highlight the unique taste of the matcha green tea even further, serve these waffles with a light, sweet and tangy matcha cream topping.
Lemon-Creamed Matcha Waffles RecipePublished: 2015-11-18
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup almond milk, vanilla flavor
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, divided
- 2 tablespoons Epic Matcha green tea powder, divided
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- Preheat waffle iron and coat with cooking spray.
- Beat egg in a large mixing bowl and add almond milk, olive oil, half of the lemon zest, brown sugar, salt and 1 tablespoon of Epic Matcha green tea powder.
- Pulse until blended (the goal is simply to mix the ingredients while avoiding
a smooth texture).
- Mix until combined well.
- Ladle batter into the waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
- To make the topping, add heavy cream, confectioner’s sugar and the remaining matcha and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Mix on high until stiff peaks form.
- Plate waffles, top with a dollop of the lemon cream topping, and serve.
To bring out the green tea taste in these matcha waffles add more Epic Matcha green tea powder to the recipe. The added matcha will make the green color in these pancakes even brighter. For a sweeter taste, zest a few oranges and lemons to add into the batter.
Breakfast can be boring—but not when you make lemon matcha waffles! They’re exotic taste and mouth watering texture makes them perfect for breakfast time or anytime.
You may even like them so much that you end up making them for dinner.
Share this Recipe