How to Make Matcha Tiramisu
Tiramisu is one of the most popular Italian desserts. But it’s not just Italians who love it—tiramisu has become a favorite amongst dessert lovers worldwide. The texture and sweet cocoa aroma of tiramisu has had people wanting another slice for generations.
Some might even say tiramisu is a staple point of an Italian restaurant. When you’re handed the dessert menu in an Italian restaurant, you expect tiramisu to be one of the first desserts listed. Perhaps it’s that very experience that makes this sweet treat memorable. Or maybe it’s the mesmerizing textures… That being said, it’s no surprise we came up with a recipe for matcha tiramisu.
Although we have all come to love the original recipe, switching out the espresso for matcha green tea adds color and a whole new dimension to the tiramisu. Not to mention it’s another way to get all the benefits of matcha green tea powder from a delicious dessert that puts a new twist on a classic.
This matcha tiramisu is light and airy with the vegetal aromas of matcha blending in perfect harmony with the traditional tiramisu flavors. The beautiful green tint to the matcha tiramisu makes this matcha cake an eye-catcher to even the most skeptical eaters.
Matcha Tiramisu Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins, Cook time: 25 mins, Total time: 35 mins
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup matcha green tea, cooled
- Lady fingers
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Epic Matcha green tea powder plus more for sifting
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- With an electric mixer combine egg yolks and granulated sugar.
- Mix until thick and pale yellow in color.
- Add mascarpone cheese and Epic Matcha green tea powder to the egg.
- Mix until smooth. In a bowl or dish add cooled green tea.
- Dip each lady finger into the green tea and create a layer on the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Spread an even layer of mascarpone mixture on the top.
- Repeat steps 4–5.
- Combine matcha and confectioners’ sugar.
- Sift over tiramisu in an even layer.
- Cover and allow to chill for a few hours or overnight.
Yield12 pancakes (Depending on size)
When you translate tiramisu from Italian, the literal meaning is “pick me up,” and that’s exactly what this matcha tiramisu will do. Snuggle up on the couch with a slice or make it to share with your friends and family. They’ll be astounded by the elegant taste and you’ll have yet another matcha cake in your arsenal for get-togethers.
To sweeten the deal, matcha tiramisu supplies all the benefits of matcha green tea powder and acts as an immune system booster.
Share your thoughts on this matcha tiramisu in the comments. Once you’re hungry for matcha cake recipes, visit our blog to discover more matcha desserts.