A light and delicious matcha soufflé pancakes for when you’re just feeling extra fancy.
If you want to serve something a little more fancy and exciting than your regular pancakes, try this matcha soufflé pancake recipe! It’s tasty and light—not to mention healthy as can be. This is not your basic pancake!
Pretty and sweet, this little treat will earn you plenty of compliments. But the real prize is how good for you this pancake soufflé is.
The rolled oats will give you strength and energy, and the matcha green tea powder is a powerful entity all on its own.
Packed full of antioxidants, the matcha powder helps to detoxify your body, removing heavy metals and chemical toxins. You’ll get an immunity boost, as well as a calm mental relaxation that lasts for hours, with increased focus and concentration.
Matcha tea powder contains lots of L-theanine, an amino acid with psychoactive properties that induces alpha wave activity in the brain, which relieves stress and can lower blood pressure. L-theanine also helps produce dopamine and serotonin, which enhance your mood.
So matcha powder is a definite welcome addition to any meal, wouldn’t you agree?
Please note that this matcha soufflé pancake recipe works best when you have a mousse ring (or some sort of stainless steel food ring), a hand mixer, and parchment paper.
Matcha Soufflé Pancake RecipePublished: 2017-01-07
What you’ll need:
- Mousse ring
- Parchment paper
- Hand mixer
- Mixing bowls
- Mixing spoons
- Frying pan
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Butter to grease
- Syrup or honey to serve
- Add the flour, baking powder, egg yolk, oats, matcha powder, vanilla paste, and soy milk into a large mixing bowl. Stir and blend well.
- Add the rolled oats to this mixture, and combine.
- In another bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the egg white and sugar together until a soft and shiny peak appears.
- Add half the egg white mixture into the batter from Step 1, and mix well.
- Add the rest of the mixture and blend until well-incorporated.
- Using a mousse ring, cut a piece of baking parchment to fit as a lining within the mousse ring.
- Grease a frying pan with some butter. Place the mousse ring and parchment paper in the pan, and pour the pancake mixture into the parchment-lined mousse ring.
- Enclose the soufflé pancake with a lid, and cook on low heat for 10 minutes. During this time, the pancake will rise.
- Remove the mousse ring and baking parchment when the surface of the pancake starts to bubble and dry out.
- Flip the pancake and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve the pancake with some honey or syrup and a dust of matcha powder. Enjoy!