Heavenly green muffins made to give you calm mental awareness and a sense of well-being.
Hello muffin lovers! These heavenly little matcha poppyseed muffins are about to be your new favorite go-to snack. Wonderfully light, satisfying, and with health benefits galore, this is a must-know recipe. They’re also gluten- and oil-free…even better!
Perfect for breakfast or a snack, these matcha poppyseed muffins are made with the magic ingredient—matcha green tea powder—that will make you feel amazing.
Matcha powder contains a unique, potent class of antioxidants known as catechins, which produce a calm mental alertness, boosted focus and concentration, and improved energy. You’ll feel awake yet relaxed, with a clear memory.
Matcha tea powder also has disease-fighting capabilities. It has been known to help protect against diabetes, Alzheimer’s, heart problems, risk of stroke, and even some types of cancer. It keeps your skin looking young by battling against free radicals, which age your skin, and matcha also helps burn calories and ignite your metabolism.
The matcha health benefits don’t stop there. It is also a detoxifier that gets rid of chemical toxins and heavy metals in your body, and even gives your immune system a big boost. It’s a natural anti-inflammatory that helps lower your cholesterol and blood sugar levels as well.
So what are you waiting for? Try whipping up a batch of these little beauties today!
Matcha Poppyseed Muffins RecipePublished: 2017-02-04
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 cup poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare a 12-count muffin tin with cupcake liners, grease, or spray.
- Combine the flax with the water, and set aside.
- Combine the milk with the lemon juice and vanilla, and set aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the flax mixture, milk mixture, and applesauce to the dry ingredients. Mix well and fill the muffin cups with 1/4 cup of the batter per muffin.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the center muffin comes out clean.
Yield 12 muffins
Store in an airtight container in the fridge, and enjoy!