Have you ever wondered how to make matcha noodles?Well, look no further, because this is the superstar matcha noodle recipe you have been waiting for. It’s healthy, simple and delicious.
Our matcha noodles have a wonderful, herbal green tea taste, so we kept the sauce simple to highlight and accompany that great matcha flavor.
Knowing how to make matcha noodles puts a creative culinary twist on your dish that you can use to impress everyone from Grandpa and Grandma to superstar chefs. It’s quick, easy, and can be a great way to sneak matcha green tea benefits into any meal. Make it the star, or use it to set the stage for the rest of your feast. No matter how you decide to use the matcha noodles, they are sure to be a hit with everyone you serve them to.
The Ultimate Homemade Matcha Noodle Pasta RecipePublished: 2016-01-26
- 1 ⅙ cups hard wheat flour
- 3 heaping teaspoons of Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 cup of virgin olive oil
- 2 large handfuls of basil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- The Ultimate Homemade Matcha Noodle Pasta Recipe has to start with the noodles. Mix the flour and the matcha tea with the eggs, and knead the mixture until it turns into a sticky, smooth, cohesive ball of dough. Remember, it is always a good idea to start with less flour and add more as needed. Once you have a solid mixture of the ingredients, wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let the ball of dough sit for a half-hour.
- After the resting period, roll the ball of dough flat, and cut it into strips with a knife.. Remember to make sure the matcha noodle pasta dough is set before you cut it. Lightly press your fingers in different areas of the dough to make sure the texture is consistent. If you notice a gap in texture, allow the dough to settle for about 10 more minutes.
- Boil the noodles for 4–5 minutes in salty water, and they are ready to be mixed with the cream after they are drained. You may to want to run cool water over the noodles if some of them have stuck together.
- Simply separate the basil leaves from the stem and put the ingredients into the food processor. Pulse the food processor until it reaches your desired consistency. Mix the cream with the matcha noodle pasta, and it’s ready to be enjoyed. This cream can easily be made in the time it takes the noodles to boil.
Matcha is an extremely dynamic ingredient for cooking, so look through our blog for more matcha recipes.
Share this Recipe