What is it about the word “buttermilk” that instantly screams soul food? From breakfast to dinner, when a food has the word “buttermilk” before it, you know whatever you’re about to eat is going to be delicious. Buttermilk biscuits, pancakes, matcha muffins… There is no denying that buttermilk is a comfort food like no other.
The same warm and inviting feeling that buttermilk invokes in our hearts is the inspiration behind yet another one of our matcha recipes. On the plate for today? Buttermilk Cranberry Tar-Tea Matcha Muffins.
These matcha muffins are perfect with tea and have a unique flavor that satisfies your desire for soul food while providing you with all the benefits of matcha green tea powder. They’re rich and creamy texture satisfies your hunger and keeps you full. Learn the science behind matcha green tea powder.
Plus, they’re incredibly simple to make for how elegant they look and taste once they’re done. After you’ve prepared the batter, the hardest part is waiting for the oven timer to go off.
We suggest enjoying these Buttermilk Cranberry Tar-Tea Muffins with a fresh cup of ceremonial matcha tea.
Buttermilk Cranberry Matcha Muffins RecipePublished: 2016-01-24
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of buttermilk
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 2 eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare a muffin pan by lining with muffin cups.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl add flour, sugar, Epic Matcha green tea powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk buttermilk, honey, eggs, lemon juice and zest.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add melted butter and mix until well combined.
- Fold in dried cranberries.
- Add batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center. Allow to cool and serve.
This quick and easy matcha recipe is another way to take an otherwise unhealthy treat and turn it into a goldmine of antioxidants that support your immune system and sustain your energy. Matcha green tea benefits in these matcha muffins help to support your entire body throughout the day.
Make a batch of these matcha muffins to enjoy with your morning tea or share them with your friends and family. Regardless, when they come asking for more you can serve and impress while reading your emails in the morning. (Or just link them to this recipe – we’ll let you decide.) When you’re ready to explore more matcha recipes, download our recipe book!
Share this Recipe