Mousse is one of those lovely desserts that instantly makes a meal feel 5 star. Despite that reputation, mousse is relatively easy to make at home. This lovely lemon creme matcha mousse is perfect for the adventurous dessert maker or for the baker who’s looking to make a change in their typical dessert recipes The matcha green tea powder in the mousse creates a delicate air of green tea that intertwines perfectly with the lemon zing.
Not only will this dessert be a delightful addition to your next party, our lemon creme matcha mousse is sure to astound your guests with its delectable flavor. Much like green tea with lemon, this matcha mousse has a crisp and strong tea flavor that is complemented by the sweet citrus aroma of lemon. To make things better, the matcha tea powder in this mousse supplies a load of antioxidants that puts this dessert ahead of the rest. (Need a refresher? Discover the health benefits of matcha green tea.)
Matcha Lemon Creme Mousse RecipePublished: 2015-11-07 The sheer scent of this mousse is enough to tempt even the pickiest eaters.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 4 large eggs
- 3 eggs, separate whites from yolks
- 3 teaspoons Epic Matcha green tea powder
- pinch of salt
- 4 lemons (juice only)
- Bring lemon curd to room temperature.
- In a glass bowl add 1 cup sugar, 4 large eggs, 3 egg yolks, 1 cup of sugar, Epic Matcha green tea powder, pinch of salt and lemon juice. Mix until ingredients are stirred well.
- Bring a pot of water to a simmer.
- Place bowl over pot and stir constantly for about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until thoroughly chilled.
- Whip half of the remaining egg whites, sugar and a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form on top of the mixture.
- Fold whipped egg whites into the cooled lemon mixture, making sure to stir well.
- On high, slowly add in heavy cream until peaks form.
- Fold in lemon curd.
- Chill for up to 1 hour or until cold.
Serve in desired dish or glass and garnish with sliced lemon or lemon zest if desired. If you want this matcha mousse to taste even more like green tea, add another tablespoon of Epic Matcha green tea powder.
There are plenty of ways to present this mousse. Whether you serve it in ramekins or wine glasses, this simple and elegant matcha mousse is the perfect way to serve a light dessert. Whatever you choose, keep an extra bowl around because your guests are going to want seconds.
The color of this lovely dish and its amazing taste is sure to impress anyone. It may even be the way you’ll get your skeptical friends to try matcha for the first time.
Share this Recipe