Much like matcha ice cream, matcha frozen yogurt has an irresistible taste and a heavenly smell. It’s exotic and tastes much cleaner than matcha ice cream. In fact, matcha frozen yogurt is healthier than most of the ice cream you can get your hands on.
Why? Because where matcha ice cream has a lot of heavy cream, matcha frozen yogurt has protein. The greek yogurt in our matcha frozen yogurt recipe provides the 20% of the daily recommended protein intake.
Rich in antioxidants, matcha provides all the health benefits of 10 cups of green tea in just one cup. Matcha burns more calories, provides more energy, and supplies more nutrients than almost any superfood or drink you can think of.
Don’t believe us? Learn how matcha health benefits stack up.
That being said… Why wouldn’t you opt for the healthier choice? Not only is matcha frozen yogurt much better for you than matcha ice cream, you’d be surprised how much better it tastes.
Matcha Frozen Yogurt
- 4 cups Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons Epic Matcha green tea powder
- Place yogurt into a large bowl.
- Add sugar and Epic Matcha green tea powder.
- Stir until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Taste and add a little more sugar if needed.
- If you have an ice-cream maker:
● Freeze the frozen yogurt mixture in the ice-cream maker according to the instructions provided with the machine.
● Transfer to the freezer and chill until frozen yogurt becomes firm.
- If you do not have an ice-cream maker:
● Transfer the yogurt mixture into a freezer-safe mixing bowl.
● Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for about 2 hours or until firm.
● Remove from freezer and mix on medium-high speed until soft.
● Freeze again.
● Beat with the mixer. You will notice the texture improving.
● Repeat steps 4 and 5 once again.
● Once the frozen yogurt is to your desired texture, allow to cool in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
Though it’s much easier to make matcha frozen yogurt with an ice-cream maker, you can still create this delicious treat without making a trip to the store.
Once your matcha frozen yogurt is finished, put it to the taste test. Invite some friends over and fill up their bowl. Food is one of the best ways to make memories with your loved ones, and no one is going to forget how awesome this matcha frozen yogurt tastes. You may want to bookmark this page because at least 2 of your friends are going to ask for the recipe.
On the other hand, having matcha frozen yogurt in the freezer can be a lifesaver after a hard day at the office. Either way, this matcha frozen yogurt leaves your mouth feeling much cleaner than matcha ice cream. The greek yogurt and fresh fruit create a crisp and refreshing texture that leaves your mouth feeling clean. For even more flavor, experiment with other fresh fruits. A few of our favorite include mangos, blueberries, and raspberries. When you’re finished, share your alterations in the comments.
Share this Recipe