Start Your Morning Off Right with a Matcha Green Tea Latte
There is nothing better than a latte in the morning. It’s warm, tastes great and has that signature foam on the top that gives you that little latte mustache. The only problem with traditional lattes is that they’re packed with caffeine, calories and fat which are unhealthy for you. Matcha green tea latte are a healthy alternatives for getting your mornings started. Coffee gives you a jolt and then totally leaves you in a lurch an hour or so later. A matcha is a much better choice for a 4-6 hour lift, that would abandon you as quickly as the fickle friend coffee. After all tea is the new coffee. If you are looking for something cool and refreshing, check out the Matcha Frappuccino.
Classic Hot Matcha Green Tea Latte RecipePublished: 2014-09-15
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon organic honey or agave nectar
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add the matcha green tea powder on the bottom of your coffee mug of choice.
- In a small saucepan bring milk of choice to a simmer over low heat.
- Slowly pour boiling water into coffee mug with green tea powder. Whisk slowly as you pour.
- Tip the mug and pour in the milk (this creates that signature latte foam).
- Sweeten with honey or agave nectar.
- Sip and enjoy your matcha green tea latte.
Whether it is hot or cold outside, a matcha green tea latte always hits the spot.
Share this Recipe