French toast is one of those classic breakfasts that everyone has fond memories of.
For us, French toast was part of Saturday morning. We’d make a ton of French toast, drench it in syrup, and sit around the living room with our entire family talking about anything and everything. As an adult, binge-eating French toast isn’t good for you or your health. But who says you have to let go of the food you love just because you’re trying to eat and live healthier?
At Epic Matcha, we believe that everyone deserves a sweet treat in the morning.
Our solution? Epic Matcha French Toast.
This French toast recipe contains all the benefits of matcha tea powder and the comfort of gooey French toast on a Saturday morning.
Make it for yourself and freeze the rest, or invite a friend over and make a memory out of this marvelous matcha french toast.
Epic French Toast RecipePublished: 2015-12-07Makes you all toas(tea) inside
Looking to make more than 4 slices?
Simply double the measurements in our ingredients list to make a meal fit for 4.
Trust us, this Epic French Toast is extremely filling—you won’t need more than 8 slices.
- 4 slices of thick-cut, day-old French bread
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cooking spray
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Combine half-and-half, milk, eggs, 1 tablespoon matcha, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Whisk until combination is even, with no clumps or lumps throughout.
- Dip bread into egg wash and allow it to soak for about 15 seconds.
- Transfer bread to skillet and cook for about 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Repeat until all 4 slices have been made.
- Combine confectioners’ sugar with the remaining matcha. Whisk until even.
- Sprinkle over French toast and serve.
If you want a stronger green tea flavor in your matcha french toast, add another tablespoon of Epic matcha green tea.
Trading in your old recipe for our Epic French Toast is another one of those small changes that make a big difference. Though it’s not the healthiest breakfast, making one small change in your morning routine is easiest way to start changing the way you look at your health.
Think about it: You can get all the benefits of matcha green tea powder in a fluffy, filling, and delicious plate of matcha french toast. When you’re ready for more matcha inspired breakfasts, visit our blog to snag the recipe for matcha pancakes and matcha waffles.
Share this Recipe