These matcha chocolate truffles are quick to impress, and they disappear even quicker. After all, it’s no secret that matcha green tea and chocolate go great together. Tons of upscale chocolate brands have been putting green tea in their chocolate for years.
You’re going to love these matcha chocolate truffles. Their rich taste, with the refreshing and vegetal flavor of matcha green tea powder, sets them apart from the crowd.
With our stellar recipe, you can learn how to make matcha-dusted chocolate truffles, without the hassle of making most upscale desserts.
The matcha on these chocolate truffles makes this dessert guilt-free. Though that’s not an excuse to eat only matcha truffles (not that it wouldn’t be amazing), the amount of matcha on these chocolate truffles is enough to give you all the benefits of matcha green tea powder.
Matcha Chocolate Truffles RecipePublished: 2015-10-03Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 60 mins Total time: 1 hr 30 mins
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- In a saucepan bring heavy cream to a simmer over very low heat.
- Stir in maple syrup and brown sugar.
- Add in half of the Epic Matcha green tea powder and stir until completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Line a sheet pan in parchment.
- Add chocolate into a glass mixing bowl and slowly pour in the warm cream.
- Stir until chocolate is melted and everything is mixed together.
- Pour onto sheet pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Cool in refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Add remaining matcha into a bowl.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out chocolate. Form into balls. Roll in matcha to coat.
- Continue until all truffles are made. Enjoy!
Learn what makes matcha tea powder so good!
In addition to being loaded with tons of antioxidants and minerals, the Epic Matcha green tea powder that is used to dust these matcha chocolate truffles gives these marvelous morsels a beautiful emerald color that makes them perfect for the holidays.
Christmas, St. Patrick’s Day, or a spring party… You name it and these matcha chocolate truffles are sure to catch some eyes (and capture some hearts!).
If you’re looking to make a party-sized platter, make sure you double the recipe because these matcha truffles are sure to be a hit. By the end of the party, guests will be asking how to make matcha truffles of their own.
Share this Recipe