Delightful little sugar cookies with a subtle matcha tea flavor.
Let’s make some lovely matcha sugar cookies today, shall we? This is a very easy, simple recipe that gives your sugar cookies with a subtle green tea flavor that’s truly delightful.
Besides being delicious, these matcha sugar cookies are a perfect indulgent treat, because they’re made with matcha tea powder—meaning, they’re guilt-free and great for you!
A long-standing tradition of Japanese culture, matcha tea powder is the highest quality powdered green tea available. Its crisp vegetative notes are complemented by the savory taste of L-theanine, an amino acid that also relieves stress, promotes relaxation, and can lower blood pressure.
Besides adding to the flavor of matcha, L-theanine produces dopamine and serotonin, two chemicals that enhance your mood and mental focus, improve your memory, and help get your creativity and cognition going.
L-theanine also helps balance the caffeine so that there’s calmness without drowsiness, and gives you energy without the nervous feeling that coffee gives you.
In addition, matcha has a super-high concentration of antioxidants—1,384 ORAC units of antioxidants, in fact, which is more than almost any other food on the planet.
Matcha is also grown in the shade, which is why it’s richer in chlorophyll than other green teas. Chlorophyll detoxifies the body, and therefore matcha green tea powder is capable of naturally removing heavy metals and chemical toxins from the body. Hence, it detoxifies you in the best way possible.
One more amazing thing: matcha increase the body’s rate of calorie burning each day. The matcha you’ll be using for these cookies helps your body burn fat four times faster than normal.
These are just a few amazing matcha health benefits. There are many more, trust us. Check out our benefits page to learn more.
Magical Matcha Sugar Cookies RecipePublished: 2016-12-10
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Sift together the flour, salt, and matcha powder, and put aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the powdered sugar and the butter.
- Very slowly, with the mixer on low, incorporate the matcha and flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Once both are fully blended together, remove the dough and form it into a log 10–12 inches long.
- Next, wrap the log in plastic wrap and then place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven to 325ºF and prepare a baking sheet.
- Slice the dough into 20 cookies and line them up on the baking sheet, evenly spread out.
- Finally, bake for 15 minutes or until the cookies just start to brown. Enjoy!
Yield 20 cookies