No matter when you decide to eat them, these bars will give you a great pick- me-up.Chock-full of quality protein, good-for-you fats, and all-natural tastiness, these sweet and fudgy Matcha Green Tea Fudge Protein Bars are satisfying, nutritious, and won’t leave you still hungry.
They’re perfect for a quick breakfast, a healthy dessert, party treats, or a quick snack to have with you on hand during a long, busy day. No matter when you decide to eat them, these bars will give you a great pick-me-up.
Because they’re made with Matcha green tea powder, which has the highest form of concentrated antioxidants of any other green tea in the world, you’ll receive the Matcha benefits of increased immunity and energy, as well as concentration, focus, help with weight loss, cancer prevention, anti-aging elements, and much more.
On top of that, Matcha green tea fudge protein bars are no-bake and easy to prepare. They’re also gluten-free and vegan-friendly. Plus, they pair perfectly with this Matcha Green Tea Lime Sparkler!
Vegan Matcha Green Tea Protein Bars RecipePublished: 2016-05-02
- 1/3 cup roasted almond butter
- 1 1/8 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon stevia extract
- lemon zest
- 8 scoops vanilla brown rice protein powder
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 4 teaspoons Epic Matcha™ green tea powder
- 2-4 ounces dark chocolate (optional)
- Line an 8-inch brownie pan with parchment paper both ways and set aside.
- In a stand mixer bowl with beater attachment, add the almond butter, milk, stevia extract, and lemon flavor. Mix on low speed.
- Whisk together the protein powder, oat flour, and Matcha powder in a small bowl, and slowly add this to the mixing stand mixer.
- Mix until the mixture is even, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary. (It should have a cookie dough-like texture.)
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared pan and flatten the surface with a rubber spatula or pastry roller.
- Tightly cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, slice the protein bars and drizzle them liberally with chocolate.
- To store, wrap protein bars tightly on a plate in plastic wrap.
Yield 10 protein bars