This Matcha dessert recipe will quickly become one of your favorites.
Ahh, Oreos. Everyone loves America’s favorite cookie and has a signature way to munch down on them.
But even though these tasty, cream-filled delights are, in fact, vegan, that doesn’t make them good for you. They’re still processed and filled with preservatives.
So we think that a Matcha Oreo makeover is the way to go!
With the filling only taking about five minutes to prepare, this easy Matcha dessert recipe will quickly become one of your favorites. The rich, bold cocoa powder taste paired with the amazing flavor of green tea is very satisfying indeed.
Heavenly with your afternoon coffee or tea, these Matcha Oreos are the perfect after-lunch pick-me-up—not only because they’re comforting and delectable, but also because this green tea powder is absolutely filled with amazing Matcha benefits for your body and mind.
Not only does it give you an energy boost (even more so than coffee does), it also keeps your memory and creativity sharp while helping to reduce stress. It soothes without making you sleepy, and it helps you focus without making you jittery.
Matcha Oreos are also great for serving as snacks. Hint: They are harder and crunchier on the day that you make them, and softer the days after you make them.
Ready to try them for yourself?
Easy Matcha OreosPublished: 2016-05-30
- 1 box Famous Chocolate Wafers
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons culinary Epic Matcha green tea powder, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Stir the butter and powdered sugar until it’s light and fluffy. Slowly add the sifted Matcha powder, cornstarch, vanilla, and salt until it’s all evenly blended.
- Put the mixture into a large Ziploc bag, then snip off half an inch from one corner of the bag.
- Set out pairs cookies to make “sandwiches”, with every other cookie’s rough side facing up. Using the Ziploc bag, pipe a blob of frosting into the center of each cookie.
- Put the other cookie on top of the frosting, and apply slow, even pressure so that the filling gets evenly distributed to the edges of the cookies.
- Store the Matcha Oreos in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
Yield 20 Oreo Matcha Cookies