There’s something about cranberry and orange flavors that complements matcha green tea cupcakes better than any other fruits. The sweet and vegetal taste of matcha combined with the delicate and fruity taste of cranberry and orange make for a match made in heaven.
In addition to being a tremendous treat, these matcha green tea cupcakes are a great way to kick-start your morning with catechins, the most beneficial and potent antioxidants you can consume. Catechins help to support your immune system by protecting your body from chemicals called free radicals which can cause cancer.
Not only are these matcha green tea cupcakes are delicious, but they’re helping your body protect against the daily damagers found in almost everything we eat. Either way, get ready to see these Cranberry Orange Matcha Cupcakes disappear… fast.
Cranberry Orange Matcha Green Tea CupcakesPublished: 2016-01-04
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups raw sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine flour, Epic Matcha green tea powder, and baking soda. Stir until ingredients are mixed evenly.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add one egg to the butter followed by 1/4 of the milk, followed by the flour mixture. Repeat until all eggs, milk and flour have been incorporated.
- Add vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Fold in dried cranberries and 1 tablespoon of orange zest.
- Pour batter into muffin cups and top each cupcake with a little of the remaining orange zest. (Don’t be afraid to take liberties! Add as much orange zest as your heart desires.)
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool. Frost with matcha frosting (optional).
These matcha cupcakes are great for any time of day, breakfast or dinner. The high amount of L-theanine will help improve your mental alertness and overall mood.
What is L-theanine? L-theanine is an amino acid that helps support mental clarity and is found in many superfoods. When L-theanine makes it to the bloodstream, it inspires the production of dopamine and serotonin which are the feel good chemicals responsible for keeping your overall mood elevated and even.
Interested in learning more?
Check out our blog on how matcha benefits stack up to other superfoods.
If you want to get a little more festive with your matcha cupcakes, try adding in other dried fruits to the batter. We suggest blueberries or raisins, especially for those who have more of a sweet tooth.
Once you know how to make these matcha green tea cupcakes, the possibilities are endless. Get creative and add more zest or add another fruit entirely. This recipe is malleable to almost any flavor so don’t be afraid to get adventurous.
Share this Recipe