These fun little matcha energy bars will give you a powerful hit of eye-opening alertness, without making you all jittery the way coffee does.
The matcha green tea powder in them will help you to be both alert and calm. That’s why these make a great snack to take on a road trip where you’ll be driving a lot!
These are also great for breakfast or dessert. As always with matcha-based foods, you’ll get the crazy-good matcha health benefits—including anti-aging elements, cancer prevention, anti-inflammatory aid, help with weight loss, and increased immunity and focus.
These matcha energy bars are flavored with refreshing coconut, yummy cacao nibs, delicious vanilla, and of course, matcha’s green tea taste. They’re also vegan and gluten-free.
Try them for yourself!
Coconut Matcha Energy Bars RecipePublished: 2016-05-22
- 1 1/4 cups dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean or pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Epic Matcha green tea powder, plus additional for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs unsweetened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Combine dates, almonds, cashews, hemp seeds, vanilla, and two teaspoons Matcha powder in food processor. Pulse until well-blended. The mixture should stick together like a dough when pressed. If the mixture is falling apart, add a few more dates, and process again until combined.
- Add cacao nibs and pulse just enough for the cacao to be dispersed throughout.
- Line a small baking dish with parchment paper so the bars won’t stick. Add bars to dish. Use your hands or the back of a spoon to press the mixture down until it’s compact and smooth.
- Sprinkle coconut and the additional Matcha on top, and press down with the back of a spoon.
- Place dish in the freezer to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove bars from the dish by pulling out the parchment paper. Cut into bars.
- You can store these for up to a week in the refrigerator.
Yield 8 bars