There’s something about the simplicity of butter cookies that spells out “welcome home.”
As kids, we all loved the sweet aroma of cookies traveling from the kitchen. Nothing made a long day of play better than some fresh-from-the-oven cookies.
As adults, we crave good cookies. That being said…
What’s better than butter cookies? Matcha butter cookies!
Sure, this isn’t the healthiest thing you could throw down the hatch. The matcha green tea powder in this recipe provides an immune system booster that fills your body will antioxidants, l-theanine, and fluorine.
So if you’re looking for a healthier dessert you’ve come to the right place. Or if you’re looking to plan a party or bake a sweet snack, these matcha cookies ought to do the trick.
(Not to mention you’ll still be getting all the green goodness from matcha tea powder.)
If you’re excited by the thought of new recipes for matcha cookies, then you’ve come to the right place.
Snag this matcha cookies recipe for your personal stash.
Matcha Butter Cookies RecipePrep time: 35 mins Cook time: 12 mins Total time: 47 mins An exotic twist on an old-time favorite. Perfect for dinnertime or anytime.
- 5 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/12 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix matcha and water in a small bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Use an electric mixer to cream butter and sugar together.
- Add green tea mixture.
- Add one egg at a time along with vanilla extract.
- Slowly add flour until well combined.
- Roll cookie dough into logs and wrap in plastic.
- Chill in the fridge for 10–15 minutes.
- Slice cookies about 1⁄4-inch thick and place onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until cookies have set. Allow to cool.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve.
Don’t be afraid to make your own alterations! Some of the best recipes are made even better by a delicate garnish, some extra sugar, or a pinch more of vanilla extract.
In addition to being one of the quickest and easiest matcha dessert recipe, our butter matcha cookies are a great way to usher in the holidays.
From St. Patrick’s Day to Christmas, there are plenty of ways to incorporate these matcha cookies in just about any festivity you can imagine.
We’ve seen some with frosting and others with sprinkles, so get creative!
Your friends and family will absolutely love these matcha cookies.
Not only will they make more delicate-tasting cookies, these matcha cookies cut the sweetness of the dough and add an exotic flavor that makes them pretty to look at, and pretty addictive.
(You’ve been warned.)
Share this Recipe