Truffles are one of those desserts that no one can seem to keep their hands off of. Traditionally filled with ganache and other goodies, truffles are better than flowers in most situations. The delicate and rich texture of a truffle is the reason they say all girls love chocolate (and why most do). Our truffles are bursting with coconut green tea flavor that melts away in your mouth.
Our coconut matcha green tea truffles are absolutely heavenly and add a nutritional boost to this decadent dessert that everyone, man or woman, will adore. Their delicate color and rich matcha taste will have your guests fighting over the last one.
Perfect for parties or holidays, these matcha truffles are surprisingly easy to make and look lovely on a platter. After you’ve made the matcha chocolate mixture, all that’s left is a quick roll in the topping you’ve chosen to dust with.
Almond Coconut Chocolate Rum Matcha Green Tea Truffles RecipePublished: 2016-01-04
- 6 ozs white chocolate chips
- 3 1/2 ozs heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons rum (or flavored liqueur)
- Make a quick double-broiler by filling a pot with water and bringing it to a boil.
- Place a glass bowl on top and reduce heat to low.
- Add white chocolate chips, cream and matcha into the bowl, and stir until everything is melted and combined evenly.
- Remove from heat and stir in rum evenly
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Pour chocolate onto the sheet pan.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours.
- In a bowl, mix almonds and shredded coconut.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out chocolate.
- Form into balls and roll in almond and coconut.
- Repeat until all truffles are made.
Though these matcha green tea truffles are absolutely delicious as-is, it’s easy to alter their flavor for a different taste. Try a different type of nut, or swap the coconut for cinnamon. When it comes to matcha green tea, it’s hard to find a food it doesn’t combine well with, so don’t be afraid to get creative with your matcha truffles.
Since you’re dusting the truffles last anyway, it’s easy to make a combination platter of different flavored truffles. Even simply coating chocolate truffles in confectioners’ sugar and matcha green tea powder makes for an absolutely mouth-watering truffle.
P.S. Don’t forget to tell us about your coconut green tea truffles in the comments 🙂
Share this Recipe