Everyone needs that go-to frosting recipe that is easy to whip up and can be used to frost anything.This Five-Minute Matcha Frosting is that go-to frosting recipe you’ve been searching for. It is so light and creamy, but yet has a distinct matcha green tea flavor that amplifies any dessert you frost it with.
Despite what you may think, this quick matcha frosting pairs well with just about every baked good under the sun. Cakes, matcha cookies, brownies, and matcha scones are just a few examples of baked goods made better by matcha tea powder.
Next time you’re stumped on frosting, turn to our 5-Minute Matcha Frosting. Not only will it taste great, but it will also give your baked goods a lovely green tint that helps to soften the appearance of even the most last-minute pastries.
5-Minute Matcha Frosting RecipePublished: 2015-12-11
- 2 cups cream cheese, low-fat
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a mixer, add cream cheese and butter.
- Whip on medium speed or until smooth.
- Add matcha along with half of the confectioners’ sugar.
- Mix until well combined and a green hue has developed.
- Add vanilla extract and the remaining sugar gradually.
- Make sure that the frosting is evenly mixed before applying it to your baked goods.
If you’re looking to spice up this 5-Minute Matcha Frosting, try adding a little cocoa powder or cinnamon to get a more powerful flavor from your matcha frosting. On the other hand, if you want a stronger green tea flavor in your matcha frosting, add more Epic Matcha green tea powder.
Answer us this:
How many times in your life will you get to say that the frosting on your cupcakes is good for you? (Well, quite a lot if you use this recipe as much as we think you will!)
Tell us how you made your matcha frosting special in the comments section.
Share this Recipe