Creamy, rich vanilla matcha tarts that are vegan and free of refined sugar.
Who can resist a good tart? They’re absolutely beautiful, and always just as tasty as they are lovely. So of course it’s high time you add a little matcha powder to your tarts!
With this vanilla matcha tarts recipe, you’ll get a great dose of healthy fats and ultimate creaminess, as well as all those amazing health benefits that come with matcha tea powder.
This includes a high concentration of powerful antioxidants, which helps to lower the risk of diabetes, stroke, Alzheimer’s disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and oral diseases. Matcha tea powder promotes a healthy heart, good digestion, and healthy skin, and it’s also a calorie-buster, helping to burn off stored fat.
Matcha green tea powder is also well known for being an immune system booster, in addition to being just the right thing for those mid-afternoon attacks of drowsiness. It also sharpens your memory, focus, and concentration, and calms your mind.
With this vanilla matcha tarts recipe, the shell can either be baked or left raw, depending on how crunchy you want it to be.
So enjoy this tasty, sweet, low-carb deliciousness, and share it around!
Vanilla Matcha Tarts RecipePublished: 2017-05-05
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons water
- 8 dates
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut nectar
- 1/4 large avocado
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 vanilla pod, scraped
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- Add all the crust ingredients together into the bowl of a food processor, and blend until the ingredients clump together.
- Remove mixture from the food processor and dump it into a medium-sized bowl. Using your hands, mix the ingredients into one ball of dough.
- Divide the dough into three parts, and press it into mini tart shells. NOTE: For smaller tarts, use a muffin tin.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place the shells in the oven to bake for 15–18 minutes, or until golden and firm to the touch.
- Remove shells from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- To make the filling, add all the filling ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. The mixture should be fairly thick, almost like whipped cream.
- When the shells are fully cooled, place the filling in the shells and put them in the oven to set.
- Store in the fridge, and enjoy!
Yield 3 tarts
Want to learn how to make matcha everything? Get our matcha recipe book, or visit our blog. You’ll quickly see how adding matcha to your everyday recipes will help you think better, feel better, and live better!