This starbucks-style cool lime matcha refresher is the ultimate thirst-quencher for those hot summer get-togethers.
The months are heating up, and it’s time for barbecues, parties, and hanging out with loved ones in the bright sunshine. If you’re looking for a fun new drink to try out for these get-togethers, try this incredibly starbucks-style cool lime matcha refresher! This drink is perfect for parties since it’s enough for a bunch of guests.
Based on Starbucks’ Cool Lime Refreshers™, this drink is sugar-free and has just 16 calories per serving. And flavors don’t get any fresher than this: cucumbers, mint leaves, lime juice, and earthy matcha green tea powder!
The two teaspoons of matcha may sound small, but they add quite a superfood power punch. The antioxidants inside matcha green tea powder help prevent such diseases as type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, stroke, and even some kinds of cancer. Matcha powder also lowers blood pressure and bad cholesterol, and helps fight the effects of aging on the skin.
Matcha tea powder is also a detoxifier, an anti-inflammatory, and a major immunity booster. And as if this weren’t enough, matcha’s L-theanine also gives you an energy boost which also promotes relaxation. Matcha helps with concentration and clarity of mind without producing any nervous energy. It’s fantastic!
So try out this deliciousness next time you’re having a get-together. Your guests will love it!
Starbucks-Style Cool Lime Matcha Refresher RecipePublished: 2017-05-26
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups crushed ice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups fresh lime juice
- 2 cups diced English cucumber
- 2 teaspoons Epic Matcha green tea powder
- Sugar-free sweetener of choice
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- Crushed ice to serve (optional)
- Lime slices to serve (optional)
- Add cucumber and mint to 2 cups of water in a covered jar, and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (but up to 24 is good).
- Strain the mint and cucumbers, and pour that water into a large pitcher.
- Stir lime juice into pitcher.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the matcha powder with 4 cups of water and stir until it’s dissolved well.
- Pour this into the pitcher, and stir to combine.
- Add the ice and your sugar-free sweetener, tasting and adjusting to your liking.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve, and enjoy!
Yield 1 pitcher