A warm ’n cozy pumpkin spice matcha latte that’s perfect for the “pumpkin spice everything” season.
The annual obsessive “pumpkin spice” season is now fully upon us, and it’s no longer reserved just for coffee shops. Besides the traditional lattes, pumpkin spiced everything includes cookies, scones, cereal, ice cream, bagels, cider, biscotti, bread, yogurt—even crackers and chips. And it’s simply everywhere.
But if you prefer to make your pumpkin spice treats yourself at home, and you just happen to be a matcha tea powder lover, here’s a great at-home version of the PSL to try.
Just the thing for cool autumn days to get you in the seasonal mood, this pumpkin spice matcha latte recipe uses real pumpkin pie purée, and will make your kitchen smell just heavenly.
The matcha twist is perfect too, because it will provide you with a nice awake feeling (but not the frustrating energy-drink kind), as well as relaxation and calmness. Matcha tea powder improves your concentration, memory, and mood. Matcha is also a powerful detoxifier that cleanses heavy metals and chemical toxins from your body, acts as an immunity booster, and aids in weight loss.
No matter if you love matcha for its huge amount of health benefits, or simply love its earthy, delicious taste, you will love adding it to your autumn pumpkin spice lattes!
Pumpkin Spice Matcha Latte RecipePublished: 2016-10-30
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup boiled water, cooled to about 74 degrees
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin purée
- and 1 cup coconut milk
- Add Matcha green tea powder to a mixing bowl.
- While your water boils, add the milk, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin purée, and maple syrup in a small saucepan. Stir to combine, then whip over medium heat until frothy. (Or, if you have a milk frother, you can simply use that.)
- Once the water is cooled to 74 degrees, pour a small amount of it over the Matcha tea, and whisk vigorously until bubbles form. Slowly pour the rest of the water over the Matcha, and stir it until it’s fully combined and turns a dark green color.
- Once the milk mixture is frothed, pour it into the Matcha tea and stir until combined.
- Pour this into two mugs, and sprinkle with some extra cinnamon.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yield Serves 2