A healthy, beautiful snack that is nutrient-dense and simple to make.
Macaroons! Who doesn’t love these little guys? They’re so easy to pop into your mouth and love—and you can feel good about doing that with these particular macaroons, because these are totally guilt-free: raw, paleo, vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
These delightful little treats have a creamy sweetness from the coconut that balances out really well with the earthy tones of the matcha tea powder and the bitterness of the dark chocolate.
These raw matcha macaroons recipe is incredibly simple to make, coming together in minutes. Plus, they’re pretty!
The matcha tea powder you’ll be using is a powerhouse in itself. With matcha, the entire tea leaf is utilized—it’s ground up into a fine powder that can be added to pretty much any recipe to give you a ton of things your body wants and needs. It’s insanely rich in antioxidants and nutrients that fight off a multitude of diseases. Matcha powder is also praised for its ability to give its drinkers a relaxed energy that remains steady throughout the day. That’s right, you don’t get a caffeine crash and jitters.
Most of all, this raw matcha macaroons recipe is completely packed full of good-for-you matcha health benefits, and they make the perfect snack since they keep you satisfied and energized all day long!
Raw Matcha Macaroons RecipePublished: 2017-04-21
- 200 grams unsweetened desiccated coconut, divided into 150 grams and 50 grams
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon sugar-free vanilla extract
- 1 generous pinch maldon sea salt
- Dark chocolate to decorate
- First, add 150 grams desiccated coconut and coconut oil to a food processor, and process until a thick paste forms (about 2 minutes).
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the 50 grams coconut, and process for another 30 seconds.
- Add the last 50 grams of desiccated coconut and pulse 2–3 times for approximately five seconds, until well combined.
- Make small balls with the dough and place them on a non-stick tray. (The mixture should make about 8 macaroons.)
- Once the balls are rolled into shape, refrigerate until they get firm.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Once it’s completely melted, drizzle it over the macaroons and return them to the refrigerator.
- Finally, the macaroons are ready once the chocolate has set. Serve and enjoy!
Yield 8 macaroons