A cleansing, refreshing, vitamin-packed, and satisfyingly protein-rich pick-me-up.
This mint green matcha protein bowl is free of gluten, grains, dairy, nuts, soy, and refined sugars—and it’s a great way to get your “five fruit and veg portions a day” in. It also works perfectly as a nice little pick-me-up in the afternoon, although there’s never really a wrong time for this amazing snack.
Absolutely beautiful-looking too, this fruit- and veggie-stuffed treat is incredibly good for you. Besides all the powerhouse foods incorporated, it also uses matcha green tea powder, which has a huge abundance of benefits.
Matcha powder contains catechins that promote overall health, but it also contains vitamins A and C, iron, protein, calcium, and potassium. It rids the body of chemical toxins, boosts immunity, and also aids in weight loss by burning calories at a much higher rate than normal.
Matcha also improves insulin sensitivity in type 2 diabetics, and can prevent diabetes altogether by 33 percent if ingested enough. Studies have also shown that those who drink matcha regularly have a lower risk of colon, stomach, and throat cancer, and regular consumption of matcha can also slow the growth of tumors.
Besides all this, the L-theanine in matcha tea powder keeps you alert, focused, and able to concentrate, but never makes you jittery or edgy. This is because the L-theanine also relaxes and calms your brain activity.
So, matcha green tea powder is definitely a wonder superfood! And besides that, this mint green matcha protein bowl is as tasty as can be!
It’s cleansing, refreshing, vitamin-packed, and satisfyingly protein-rich. What’s stopping you from trying this mint green matcha protein bowl right now?
Paleo Mint Green Matcha Protein Bowl RecipePublished: 2016-10-19
- 1 small bunch of parsley (around 10 grams)
- 15–20 fresh mint leaves, depending on your taste preference
- 1 stick of celery
- 2” chunk of cucumber
- 1/4 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 of a medium fennel bulb
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp protein powder
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 teaspoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon manuka honey (optional)
- Optional toppings: tahini, berries, fruit, hemp seeds, nuts, paleo granola, etc.
- Add everything except toppings to a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth.
- You can drink it with a straw, or you can place it in a bowl and garnish to taste with fresh fruit, seeds, a drizzle of tahini, etc. Be creative!
Matcha green tea powder can be added to nearly any recipe to give you a huge boost of antioxidants. To learn how to make more amazingly tasty treats and drinks using matcha powder, download our recipe book, or visit our Epic Matcha blog!