Gluten-free, healthy matcha coconut bliss balls to delight your mind and body.
The outstanding pairing of matcha green tea powder and coconut has come together again in this recipe for colorful, nutrient-packed paleo coconut bliss matcha balls!
These are also very simple and convenient to make, with just five ingredients and a total creation time of around ten minutes. They make an incredible “grab-and-go” breakfast or snack, and not only are they satisfyingly yummy, they are crazy good for you as well!
The matcha green tea flavor is present, but not overpowering. Matcha powder’s real magic, however, is its beyond-belief health benefits. Like many superfoods, matcha powder has been linked to the prevention of diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, bad cholesterol, and even certain types of cancer. It assists in weight loss by burning calories, it rids your body of chemical toxins, and it provides you with a huge energy and immunity boost.
Matcha tea powder is also good for your digestion, skin, teeth, and gums. It helps with constipation, and will make your skin glow.
For your mind, matcha will relax and calm you without making you drowsy. In fact, you’ll feel refreshed and alert, with improved focus, concentration, and memory.
So give these coconut bliss matcha balls a whirl, and treat your mind and body!
Paleo Coconut Bliss Matcha Balls RecipePublished: 2016-11-21
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut (for rolling; optional)
- 1 heaping tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons Epic Matcha™ green tea powder
- 1 heaping tablespoon coconut butter
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder (for rolling; optional)
- Soak the dates in hot water for at least fifteen minutes.
- If making the coconut/matcha mixture to roll bliss balls in, add the 1/4 cup coconut and 2 teaspoons of Matcha powder to your food processor, and turn on until you have a fine green powder. Remove and set aside.
- Drain the dates, and add them with the rest of the ingredients to your food processor.
- Process for 45–60 seconds at a time, scraping down the sides in between.
- Add a little extra coconut oil if necessary.
- Roll the mixture into balls, coating them in the coconut/matcha powder as you go.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Yield12 coconut bliss matcha balls
Matcha can be added to nearly any recipe to give you a huge boost of antioxidants. To learn how to make more amazingly tasty treats and drinks using matcha powder, download our recipe book, or visit our Epic Matcha blog!