Matcha paired with creamy cashews and delicate coconut for a perfect midday boost.
These little cashew coconut energy matcha balls of goodness are quick, healthy, and tasty snacks to grab on the go. Nutrient- and caloriedense, these little guys will keep you fueled throughout the day and will also help to curb hunger. They are filled with fiber, plant-based protein, minerals, antioxidants, and healthy fats (especially those from the coconut).
In fact, the benefits of coconut oil are very similar to matcha green tea benefits:
- weight-loss aids
- contribute to a healthy heart
- promote healthy gums and teeth
- help with memory to prevent Alzheimer’s disease; and
- help with cancer prevention.
So, if you’re into both coconut oil and matcha powder, you’re pretty covered in those areas!
Matcha is also antioxidant-rich. It improves memory, focus, concentration, and energy, but not in the same jittery way that coffee does. Matcha powder does have some caffeine, but its energizing component lies mostly in its abundance of L-theanine, an amino acid that helps increase focus.
Matcha also has a very special flavor. It tastes like youth, clean, has an earthy flavor that is akin to pure freshness, and it isn’t overpowering. It goes very well with the cashew and coconut flavors.
So try these outstanding snack cashew coconut energy matcha balls, and enjoy. They’re just the thing for an on-the-go snack. Your body and mind will be very grateful that you tried them!
Paleo Cashew Coconut Energy Matcha Balls RecipePublished: 2016-11-21
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 8 hours
- 3/4 cup date paste or pitted dates, softened in warm water for a few minutes
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (1/4 cup reserved for rolling)
- 1 tablespoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender or food processor, and blend until fully blended.
- Roll into tablespoon-sized balls, and coat with extra coconut.
- Allow at least 1 hour to set in the fridge before enjoying.
Adding matcha to nearly any recipe gives you a huge boost of antioxidants. To learn how to make more amazingly tasty treats and drinks using matcha powder, download our recipe book, or visit our Epic Matcha blog!