Sweet little meringue matcha kisses to brighten your day and lift your mood.
How adorable are these mini matcha meringue kisses? When you’re looking for the perfect impressive treat to give as a gift or take to an event, these are just the thing.
Sweet, pretty, delicious, and healthy, these meringue matcha kisses will be gone before you know it! They’ll be an instant hit—and they’re simple to make.
You may wonder why it’s a good idea to incorporate matcha green tea powder into a treat like meringue kisses. Well, we’ll tell you!
Besides adding to the flavor, the matcha tea powder will also give you a mood pick-me-up with each kiss, because it contains L-theanine—an amino acid that is known for it’s mood-enhancing properties and de-stressing capabilities. L-theanine also keeps you alert yet relaxed, and energized yet calm.
Matcha powder also contains antioxidants that fight off the free radicals that want to make your skin look older than it is. In addition, it helps your body burn calories four times faster than normal, and kicks your metabolism up, helping you control your weight. So these kisses are also guilt-free!
As if that weren’t enough, matcha tea powder is also a warrior against harmful conditions like Alzheimer’s, diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and even some types of cancer. It detoxifies your body and gives you an immunity boost, too.
So, not only are these mini matcha meringue kisses yummy and pretty as can be, they’ also a contain a power punch of health!
Mini Matcha Meringue Kisses RecipePublished: 2017-01-06
- 2 ounces egg whites, at room temperature
- 2 ounces powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 2 ounces sugar
- Preheat the oven to 175ºF, and prepare a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Sift together the powdered sugar and matcha powder.
- In a mixer fitted with a whip attachment, whip the egg whites on medium to soft peaks.
- With the motor running on high, gradually add the sugar. Continue to whip on high to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the matcha mixture into the meringue.
- Transfer to a pastry bag fitted with a large plain tip, and pipe 1 1/4-inch kisses about an inch apart onto the parchment-lined baking tray.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until dry.
- Transfer kisses to a rack to cool.
Yield about 3 dozen kisses
These will last for several days in a tightly-sealed container.
Matcha tea powder can be added to nearly any recipe to make it healthier. To learn how to make more tasty treats and drinks using matcha powder, download our recipe book, or visit our Epic Matcha blog!