Get the healthy fats you need from these antioxidant-packed matcha tea fat bombs!
Sometimes, according to what diet you’re on, it can be a bit difficult to get in your daily dose of healthy fats. These fats are important because they help keep you feeling full and satisfied, and they can make it easier for you to maintain a healthy weight.
For just such occasions, recipes like this exist. These matcha tea fat bombs are easy to make, full of antioxidants and clean ingredients, and will do the trick.
You can grab a couple and let them melt into a cup of boiling water for super-delicious tea, but they’re good straight out of the freezer, too.
Not only are the fats healthy—the matcha is packed with loads of other good-for-you properties as well. Matcha tea powder is a superfood that’s known for its mind-blowing health benefits, including its preventative measures against diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, heart problems, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, and even some kinds of cancer.
Matcha green tea powder has antioxidants that battle free radicals, which protects your skin from the effects of aging. It also helps you burn calories faster, aiding in weight loss. Matcha contains a high level of easily-absorbable dietary fiber, it detoxifies your body, and it’s an immune system booster.
Moreover, matcha powder contains L-theanine that will improve your focus, energy, memory, and concentration for hours—all while helping you feel calm and de-stressed.
So try these seriously satisfying matcha tea fat bombs out. It’s a fabulous way to get those needed fats!
Matcha Tea Fat Bombs RecipePublished: 2017-06-19
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 2 packets of stevia (or sweetener of preference)
Need:A silicone candy mold
Glass measuring cup with spout
- Measure ingredients into the spouted glass measuring cup.
- Microwave on medium power for 30 seconds. *Note: If you don’t have a microwave or prefer not to use one, instead heat using a double boiler or heavy saucepan on low heat.
- Remove from the microwave, stir, and microwave another 30 seconds.
- Pour into 8 silicone candy molds and place into freezer until solid. (You may need to place the candy mold onto a cookie sheet. Molds can be floppy.)
- Store inside a plastic container or plastic bag in the freezer.
Yield 8 bombs