A light and tasty punch of energy in the morning, without the crash of caffeine.
We cannot express how important breakfast is to start your day off right, which is why this recipe for matcha sesame granola is the perfect option for those of you who need a good amount of sustenance first thing in the morning. It’s so light and tasty, though, that it also works as a great snack, no matter what time of day it is.
Made of oats, sesame and pumpkin seeds, flaked coconut, dried strawberries, and a hint of vanilla, this healthy granola lets the natural flavor of matcha fit right in. The applesauce and tahini also gives it a nice crispiness.
The combination of seeds, oats, and coconut make this granola a source of protein, fiber, and healthy fats without an overload of sugar that can stump energy around mid-morning.
The matcha green tea powder is also a superfood that provides you with mental clarity, focus, and concentration, which is very important in the morning. It gives you an energy boost but won’t give you a caffeine crash the way that coffee does.
Other benefits of matcha powder include the lowering of cholesterol and blood pressure, faster calorie burning, help with healthy skin, detoxification of the body, a big increase in your immunity, and a big dose of antioxidants.
Vegetarian Matcha Sesame Granola RecipePublished: 2016-08-28
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 25 mins Total time: 30 mins
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup crumbled dried strawberries
- a pinch of salt (if tahini is unsalted)
- Preheat oven to 300° F. Combine oats, seeds, and coconut flakes in a mixing bowl. Add matcha green tea powder, and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the applesauce, tahini, vanilla extract, sugar, and salt. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients, and mix.
- Spread the granola on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 15 minutes. Then give it a toss, and continue baking for 10 minutes or until the granola seems dry.
- When granola has cooled completely, add the dried strawberries. Enjoy!