Put a new spin on an old-fashioned favorite.
Remember rock candy? The classic, lovely-looking hard candy that you loved as a kid? Well, not only can you make it at home—you can make it at home using Matcha powder! Incorporating Matcha will give your rock candy a lovely pale green shade, and will provide a subtle green tea flavor. Matcha Rock Candy will rock your socks off!
These are perfect to make as party favors, or to give away as gifts. They are literally “eye candy”, and why not pop one of the rock candy sticks into an epic sunrise Matcha breakfast shot for kicks?
Also, because Matcha green tea powder is a superfood that contains the highest concentration of antioxidants of any other form of green tea in the world, this may be the only candy you’ll ever have that gives you increased energy, immunity, focus, and relaxation—just a few of Matcha green tea powder benefits!
Here’s how to put a new spin on an old-fashioned favorite.
Matcha Rock CandyPublished: 2016-05-02NOTE: This recipe takes about a week to prepare.
- 1 cup water
- 2-3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- Boil water in a small saucepan. Turn off the heat and add the sugar gradually, 1/2 a cup at a time, stirring to dissolve. Continue to add sugar until you have a saturated solution, and no more sugar will dissolve—when no more sugar is sitting at the bottom of the pan.
- Add the Matcha powder and whisk to blend.
- Divide the sugar solution between the jars. Loosely cover each jar with a small piece of tinfoil.
- Gently push one or two skewers through the foil (careful not to let the skewers touch each other) and into the sugar solution. Like this, set these jars on a shelf or counter for seven to ten days. Hint: Check after the first couple of days to make sure the skewers haven’t drifted together.
- When the crystals look right, carefully remove the skewers and turn the crystals up in another glass to drain. Let them dry overnight.
Your Matcha Rock Candy is now ready to eat!
Matcha green tea powder can be used to make lots of delicious and healthy things. Download our recipe book today to learn more, or visit our blog!