Delectable, guilt-free matcha pancakes to brighten your day and mood.
Pancakes are just the thing to make over the weekend. They’re warm, delicious, and homey. But healthy? Mmmm…not so much.
Unless…matcha powder to the rescue!
Adding matcha green tea powder to a pancake recipe puts a whole new spin on this classic favorite, and will leave you guilt-free and feeling amazing.
These matcha pancakes include banana, strawberries, and chia seeds, which are a good source of antioxidants, omega-3s, and protein.
As for the matcha, we all know that including it in any recipe gives your body a huge dose of all sorts of great things, including more antioxidants, EGCG and other catechins, and L-theanine.
If you don’t know what amazing benefits those things can give you, allow us to explain.
Antioxidants are chemicals that are the first line of defense for our bodies, and studies have shown that they aid in heart health, as well as help to prevent certain types of cancer.
Catechins are antioxidants that help our bodies burn calories faster, and EGCG is a particular catechin that is an anti-inflammatory that promotes healthy skin and reduces the evidence of aging.
L-theanine is an amino acid that has loads of great benefits for your state of mind. It calms and relaxes you without allowing you to get drowsy; lowers blood pressure; helps with concentration, focus, and memory; and increases your dopamine and leaves you in a happier mood.
Matcha green tea powder has all of these things in a super-high concentration, and will help your mind and body feel much better than it likely already does.
So grab a fork! You’ll be so glad you made these chia matcha pancakes.
Chia Matcha Pancakes with Strawberry Maple CoulisPublished: 2016-07-17
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 3 mins Total time: 13 mins
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of strawberries, sliced and halved
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1/3 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Whisk all ingredients together in a mixing bowl until everything is blended.
- Before making the pancakes, put 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and 1 cup of strawberries into a pan, and heat over medium heat. Stir frequently for 8–10 minutes, then remove from heat and let it cool down a bit.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat, adding and spreading a little olive oil.
- Put small amounts of the batter (about 2 tablespoons each) onto the pan.
- Wait until the batter starts bubbling (about 2–3 minutes) before flipping. Cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute on the other side, or until golden brown. NOTE: Every stovetop is different, so these may cook more or less quickly than this recipe. Just keep an eye on them.
- Top the pancakes with the strawberry coulis, and chow down!
Yield 6 pancakes
Want to learn how to make matcha everything? Get our matcha recipe book, or visit our blog. You’ll quickly see how adding matcha to your everyday recipes will help you think better, feel better, and live better!