There are plenty of ways to make a matcha cake, but today we’re showcasing the recipe to everyone’s favorite kind of matcha cake: the Epic Oreo Matcha Cheesecake.This monster of a matcha cheesecake recipe is great for dinner parties, get-togethers, and birthdays. It’s especially impressive around Christmas time, where green desserts are festive and celebrated. When people ask how you got the cheesecake to be green, you can smile and tell them that matcha tea powder did all the work for you.
In addition to making a marvelous matcha cake, this matcha cheesecake recipe is great way to put a twist on traditional cheesecake and wow your guests, from the first glance to the last bite.
The soft vegetal taste of this matcha cake evens out the richness of traditional cheesecake and adds an aroma that entices your senses from the moment you put the cake in the oven.
Epic Oreo Matcha Cheesecake RecipePublished: 2015-12-03
- 2 1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 2 cups cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups cold heavy cream
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 2 1/4 teaspoons gelatin
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Coat a springform pan with cooking spray. Make sure every nook and cranny is coated to ensure your cake crust doesn’t stick.
- Add Oreo crumbles and melted butter into a bowl and mix until Oreo crumbles are evenly coated.
- Press firmly into the springform pan.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Use an electric mixer to whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Mix cream cheese until a fluffy consistency is achieved, and slowly add in sugar.
- In a saucepan, heat milk and add Epic Matcha green tea powder.
- Allow milk and matcha mixture to cool, then stir into cream cheese.
- In a small bowl combine gelatin and water.
- Fold whipped cream into the cream cheese.
- Fold in gelatin, making sure all ingredients are mixed evenly.
- Pour into the pan and refrigerate overnight.
For an intense green tea flavor add more Epic Matcha green tea powder to the recipe. Gradually add in the Epic Matcha green tea powder until you’ve found the perfect amount of matcha for this cheesecake.
Every once in awhile, it’s good to spoil yourself. This is one of those times. After all, it’s not very often that an epic matcha cheesecake recipe like this one comes around. It’s rich and creamy texture is tamed by the vegetal taste of matcha that leaves a refreshing taste in your mouth. If you’re feeling guilty about indulging with this matcha cheesecake recipe, remember you’re getting a ton of antioxidants and you’ll feel a lot better. The benefits of matcha green tea make this dessert something you don’t have to feel too guilty about.
What are you waiting for? Get to the grocery store, hurry home, and get cooking on this matcha cheesecake recipe.
Share this Recipe