These quick and easy dairy-free matcha ice cream protein bars are scrumptious and make a perfect snack!
Mmmm! Delicious ice cream bars! These are just the thing to cool you down during the spring and summer months. And depending on what sweetener of choice you decide to go with, these are also sugar-free, gluten-free, and align with the ketogenic diet.
The ingredients here each have their own amazing health benefits, and almost all of these ingredients contain antioxidants, which protect against premature aging and lots of terrible diseases like diabetes, atherosclerosis, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and cancer.
Almonds have antioxidants, and are highly nutritious. They also help control blood sugar and blood pressure levels.
When it comes to the coconut milk, which also contains antioxidants, you’ll get a metabolism boost, and you’ll also find that it’s full of vitamins C, B, and E. Coconut milk also makes a satisfying dairy substitute because of its rich and full flavor.
Almond butter is a great source of protein and fiber, and even the dark chocolate has its own health benefits (including yes, antioxidants!).
And as for the matcha green tea powder, this superfood is nothing short of miraculous. Besides the previously mentioned antioxidants, matcha powder helps lower blood pressure, contributes to a decreased risk of stroke, promotes a healthy heart, is rich in fiber, detoxifies your body, and gives you an immunity boost. It also calms you down while keeping you energized, and gives you more focus and concentration.
So, not a bad list of ingredients at all!
These vegan matcha ice cream bars are great for those who love healthy fats, and the recipe doesn’t require an ice cream maker. Trust us, these will soon become a family favorite!
Matcha Ice Cream Protein Bars RecipePublished: 2017-06-25
- The cream from 1 can full-fat coconut milk*
- Coconut milk
- 1/2 cup smooth sugar-free almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sweetener of choice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups Vanilla Genuine Health fermented vegan proteins
- 2/3 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 2 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate, melted
- Add the coconut milk, almond butter, your sweetener of choice, and lemon zest to a large mixing bowl, stir together, and set aside.
- Add the vegan proteins, matcha, and ground almonds to a small bowl. Whisk to combine fully.
- Drop this into the wet mixture and stir until fully incorporated. The mixture should be like dough (you may need to mix with your hands).
- Line a 13”x9” pan with parchment paper, covering all sides.
- Press the dough into the pan, and spread out evenly.
- Place the pan the freezer for 2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into squares.
- Drizzle each individual square with melted chocolate.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
*To remove the cream from the can of coconut milk, place the can in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours. Then flip the can upside down, open it with a can opener, and drain out the liquid. This will leave you with the coconut cream.
Yield 16 servings
Matcha tea powder adds a giant antioxidant boost and tons of other nutrients to your favorite dishes, drinks, and treats! To learn how to make more amazingly tasty treats and drinks using matcha powder, download our recipe book or visit our Epic Matcha blog!