These mm-mm matcha green tea muffins are scrumptious and make the perfect breakfast or on-the-go snack!
Who doesn’t adore muffins? These are particularly delicious, and the matcha powder gives them a fun green shade.
These are fabulous to have around the house because they’re easy to grab and go for a quick breakfast or snack. They even make a great dessert or treat to take to a party. And, because you’re using natural sweeteners and matcha powder, they’re guilt-free, too!
Matcha tea powder contains potent and powerful antioxidants which help the body battle against diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, heart problems including risk of stroke, and even some types of cancer. These antioxidants also keep your skin looking young by protecting against free radicals, which age your skin. As if that weren’t enough, matcha also helps burn calories and ignite your metabolism.
Other matcha health benefits include lowered cholesterol, help with digestion, detoxification, and an immediate immunity boost. Matcha is also a natural anti-inflammatory.
Matcha also provides a kick of energy that lasts up to several hours—only you won’t experience a caffeine crash like many people do with coffee. This is because matcha powder’s caffeine is balanced out by its L-theanine, an amino acid which also provides a calm mental alertness, boosted focus and concentration, and improved energy. You’ll feel energized, yet relaxed.
Not bad for a muffin ingredient! So why not try a quick batch of these matcha green tea muffins soon?
Perfectly Delicious Matcha Green Tea Muffins SnackPublished: 2017-06-25
- Cook time: 10-15 mins
- 4 extra large eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup your favorite all-natural sweetener
- 3 tablespoons Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350.°F.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour and the matcha powder.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, all-natural sweetener, stevia, and melted butter until well-combined.
- Add the flour mixture from the small bowl to the egg mixture, and whisk together. *Note: It’s fairly difficult to make these mixtures blend into batter, so you may want to use an electric mixer. For this same reason, you should rinse out your mixing bowl immediately after you’re finished with it.
- Pour the batter into the lined muffin tin.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out almost dry.
- Allow the matcha green tea muffins to cool, serve, and enjoy!
Preheat your oven to 350°F.