Matcha Dusted Chocolate Truffles, Need I Say More?
There are few thing in this world that can break my train of thought when I am in my creative flow. When the creative juices are flowing and the idea train is moving, the world around me disappears except for what I am focused on. Then some one says Matcha Chocolate Truffles and suddenly I am snapped out of the zone. Now all I can think about are sweets. Usually I would be a bit put off by this jolt out of the intense focus, but for this treat I can manage to break away to have one or two… ok, so I had three. 🙂 This recipe will change how you think about truffles. Matcha powder is, dare I say, the perfect companion for either milk or dark chocolate. I took this over to a dinner party and I was floored with the response that it received. I am by no stretch a pro in the kitchen, but I can hold my own. I was asked where I purchased the green tea powder and I smiled and said, Epic Matcha, of course.
Matcha Chocolate Truffles Recipe
A sweet-tooth satisfying burst of energyPublished: 2016-16-15
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Epic Matcha green tea powder, divide
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- In a saucepan bring heavy cream to a simmer over very low heat.
- Stir in maple syrup and brown sugar. Add in half of the Epic Matcha green tea powder and stir until completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat. Line a sheet pan with parchment.
- Add chocolate into a glass mixing bowl and slowly pour in the warm cream. Stir until chocolate is melted and everything is mixed together.
- Pour onto sheet pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Cool in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Add remaining matcha into a bowl. Use a teaspoon to scoop out chocolate. Form into balls. Roll the the matcha chocolate truffles in matcha to coat.
Find your favorite Matcha Dessert Recipe and try it at home. The matcha chocolate truffles are one of our favorite treats.
Share this Recipe!