Big health benefits come in tiny lime and coconut packages!
Are you familiar with the heavenly flavor combination of coconut and lime? If you are, you will love this recipe. If not…you will still love this recipe!
These matcha coconut lime balls are simple to make, and are even autoimmune paleo safe. This snack will give you an antioxidant punch, the natural sweetener of dates, and the exotic flavors of coconut, lime, and matcha tea.
The dates help hold the lime balls together, but they also provide some great health benefits. Among many other things, they’re wonderful for your bones, your nervous system, and your heart. They provide energy as well.
Matcha powder, however, is the superstar when it comes to providing energy. If you love the alertness that coffee gives you but can’t stand the crash and jitters, matcha is your new best friend. It contains L-theanine, which means you’ll experience same alertness, but balanced out with calmness so that you experience a focused relaxation with no energy crash. The L-theanine also lifts your mood and increases concentration and memory.
These matcha coconut lime balls are not only satisfying and tasty, they’re perfect for an on-the-go snack. Give them a try and see how great they are!
Matcha Coconut Lime Balls RecipePublished: 2017-04-11
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 8 dates or more, as needed*
- 1 tablespoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- Zest and juice of 1/2 a lime
- Remove the pits from the dates and soak the pitted dates in water.
- Add the shredded coconut to a food processor and begin to process until it starts to break down and release some of its oils.
- Drain the dates and put them into the food processor.
- Put the other ingredients into the food processor, and continue to process until you see that the ingredients will bind well together.
- Roll the mixture into balls and chill them for awhile in your refrigerator.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Please note that there is a lot of wiggle room in this recipe. You may need to add more dates to adjust to your taste in sweetness, or to hold the balls together better. For example, Medjool dates are bigger and stickier, so you wouldn’t need as many of them as you would if you were using a smaller date.
NOTE: You can store the lime balls in your refrigerator to keep them fresher.