A decadent, delicious iced salted caramel matcha latte recipe to pick up your mood and relax your body.
This gorgeous, tasty, healthy iced and salted caramel matcha latte recipe is about to become your newest addiction.
It’s a paleo, vegan-friendly, dairy-free recipe that features a healthier version of salted caramel sauce. This one is made from coconut milk and coconut sugar. It’s sweet and golden, and absolutely mouth-watering.
Not only is this latte yummy as can be, it’s also amazing for you. Besides the “diet” caramel sauce, there is an entire matcha layer in it! This matcha powder will add so much to the latte. You’ll get a giant dose of antioxidants, the matcha will detoxify your body, and you’ll get the incredible energy and mood boost that matcha provides.
What are you waiting for? Try this decadent and delicious iced salted caramel matcha latte recipe today!
Iced and Salted Caramel Matcha Latte RecipePublished: 2017-04-25
- 1 tablespoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla bean
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 cup coconut milk (divided)
- 1 13.5-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2–3 cups ice
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the matcha layer
For the coconut milk layer
For the salted caramel layer (recommended to be prepared a few days ahead)
- Combine the coconut milk, coconut sugar, and salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the temperature, keeping the sauce at a light simmer.
- Simmer for 30–40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- As the sauce reaches the last 5–8 minutes of cooking time, stir more frequently, incorporating the caramel bits that are more burnt from the bottom into the sauce. (This helps to add flavor.)
- Once the sauce has turned a dark amber color and has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, remove from the heat.
- Add the coconut oil and vanilla extract, and stir to combine.
- Set aside. You’ll be dividing this for this your lattes.
- Place all of the matcha layer ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth, then set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of salted caramel sauce to each glass, then add enough ice to fill each glass.
- Pour 1/2 cup of coconut milk into each glass.
- Top with the matcha layer, divided evenly between glasses.
To make the salted caramel sauce:
To make the latte:
Yield 2 servings