A healthy, delicious, satisfying grain-free morning matcha loaf to give energy and curb hunger cravings.
There are so many choices out there when it comes to what you can have for breakfast. You can cook something hot and tasty, you can eat like a college kid and gulp down two bowls of cold cereal, you can be classy and have a single boiled egg, you can be healthy and have porridge…the variety is endless.
One of our personal favorite breakfast foods is a simple, classic morning loaf. Easy to make, and easy to later grab and go, this paleo grain-free morning loaf made with matcha green tea powder is great for your body. It’s just the thing to give you energy, and it will keep you feeling full.
It’s also delicious and satisfying, using cinnamon, coconut, applesauce, and maple syrup as sweeteners. Plus, grain-free morning matcha loaf goes perfectly with a hot matcha latte.
Why do so many people feel better when they consume matcha to get their caffeine fix rather than coffee? For one, lots of coffee drinkers experience the jolt of energy they want, but then feel the “crash” a couple hours later. Coffee can also cause its drinkers to feel edgy, irritable, and dehydrated.
However, matcha tea drinks (and foods!) will give you the same caffeine you’re after—only it takes the edge off with L-theanine, a natural amino acid that’s in the matcha powder. The L-theanine balances out the caffeine, creating a feeling of alert calmness that lasts steadily throughout the entire morning. You’ll have energy and be focused, but you’ll also be relaxed and more chill.
Matcha tea powder also has antioxidants—a lot of them. In fact, matcha powder has ten times the amount of antioxidants that regular green tea has. These antioxidants are like tiny healers of your entire body. They fight off anti-aging free radicals and also ward off conditions such as Alzheimer’s, diabetes, heart disease, and even some cancers.
So this is actually much more than your run-of-the-mill morning loaf. It’s a power-packed nutrient-rich morning loaf full of superfood health benefits! Try it out soon!
Grain-Free Morning Matcha Loaf RecipePublished: 2017-03-10
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment or wax paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the maple syrup and coconut cream together.
- Add the applesauce to the bowl and whisk.
- Add the eggs to the bowl and whisk again until well-blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, matcha powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients, and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the lined loaf pan, and even out the batter with a spatula.
- Bake for 37–40 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.