Warm and sweet protein-packed coconut flour porridge matcha milk to keep you satisfied all morning long.
Porridge always makes for a healthy and satisfying breakfast, but when you add a little matcha goodness to the mix, you have a seriously power-packed morning on your hands.
To make this nutritious bowl of creamy porridge, you’ll be using coconut flour. This amazing source of protein and fiber is made from grinding dried coconut meat. It’s gluten-free and has a sweet, nutty taste. It’s also low in digestible carbs and makes a healthier alternative to wheat and other grain flours.
You’ll also be using matcha green tea powder in the milk, which will add plenty of matcha health benefits to this breakfast. The matcha powder will boost your energy, giving you alertness, focus, and concentration improvement all throughout your morning. It contains L-theanine, an amino acid that will keep you relaxed and lower your stress. L-theanine also helps produce dopamine and serotonin, which improve your memory and enhance a happy mood.
Besides all this, the coconut flour will help keep you feeling full through lunchtime, as it is very dense and nourishing. So this porridge is also great for curbing those annoying morning hunger cravings.
The matcha flavor and the coconut flour flavor go together quite well, and the natural earthiness of the matcha contrasts perfectly with the sweetness of the porridge.
So give this lovely, healthy breakfast coconut flour porridge matcha milk a try!
Coconut Flour Porridge Matcha Milk RecipePublished: 2017-03-09
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond or coconut milk
- 1/2–1 teaspoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- Maple syrup (or agave)
For the porridge:
For the matcha milk:
- In a medium saucepan, mix the coconut flour and sea salt with your 2 cups of of water, and mix until it’s smooth and there are no more lumps.
- Let the mixture stand for 3 minutes so the coconut flour absorbs the water.
- Add the almond milk, stir, and cook over medium heat, stirring until the porridge thickens.
- Lower heat, keep stirring, and check the consistency of the porridge. (If you like a thinner porridge, you may want to add more milk.)
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Bring the milk to a near-boil, then pour 1/4 of it into a heatproof cup.
- Add the matcha powder, and whisk until it dissolves.
- Add the remaining milk and continue whisking.
- If you prefer, sweeten the porridge with maple or agave syrup.
- Put the porridge into bowls and pour the matcha milk on top.
- Stir, serve, and enjoy!
To make the porridge:
To make the matcha milk: