It’s no secret that many women (and men) turn to chocolate when they’re feeling stressed. Whether it was a hard day at the office or a personal heartbreak, chocolate has a way of soothing our pains on bad days. Technically speaking, chocolate really does calm you down. When you eat chocolate, your brain begins to release endorphins that generate a sense of calm and well-being.
The problem is, when you turn to chocolate a little too often, you’re putting your health at risk.
The solution? Chocolate Matcha!!
One of the essential benefits of matcha green tea powder is its ability to elevate and balance your overall mood. The surplus of L-theanine in matcha green tea has been proven to help elevate your mood by protecting against many common mental fatigues. In fact, there are dozens of matcha green tea powder benefits that can kickstart your day and improve your week.
So the next time you need some chocolate comfort, take a trip to the grocery store so you can come home and make this delicious white matcha chocolate cream pie.
White Chocolate Matcha Cream Pie RecipePublished: 2015-11-16
- 3 cups light cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 1/14 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 10 ounces white chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime zest
- 1 tablespoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 1 envelop gelatin, unflavored
- In a bowl combine crushed graham crackers, melted butter and 1⁄4 cup of sugar.
- Mix to combine.
- Press firmly into a springform pan.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk 1⁄2 cup of heavy cream along with lime juice and gelatin.
- Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Add white chocolate chips. Stir until smooth. Cool.
- Using an electric mixer, mix cream cheese, remaining sugar, lime zest and half of the Epic Matcha green tea powder until smooth.
- Slowly add white chocolate mixture.
- In a separate bowl mix the rest of the heavy cream and matcha on high until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into the cream cheese and white chocolate mix.
- Pour into crust.
- Cover pie and freeze overnight.
- Remove from springform, slice and serve.
This white matcha chocolate cream pie is perfect for any time of the year. Once you have all the ingredients, this recipe is quick and easy despite the intimidating title of this recipe. Mix, pour, and put it in the freezer. When you wake up, you can enjoy a slice of creamy matcha chocolate pie.
Cool down by the pool with the frozen treat, or curl up in a sweater by the fire and relax. Share with friends or keep it in the fridge for a decadent dessert that will last all week long
Once you’re ready for more, explore the Epic Matcha blog for more awesome ways to make awesome matcha recipes. From dinner to dessert, there are hundreds of ways to incorporate the benefits of matcha in your diet.