Warm, Relaxing and Soothing Matcha Latte, You Deserve It!
It’s warm, tastes great and has that signature foam on the top that gives you that little latte mustache. The only problem with traditional lattes is that they’re packed with caffeine, calories and fat which are unhealthy for you. The Matcha latte is a healthy alternative for getting your mornings started. Here’s a great recipe:
A Calming Matcha Latte RecipePublished: 2015-07-27
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- 1 cup hot water (just under boiling, between 160°F – 180° F)
- 1 teaspoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon organic honey or agave nectar
- Bring water to just under a boil. Be sure that the hot water is below boiling, so you don’t lose any of the benefits of drinking matcha (between 160°F – 180° F).
- Add the Epic Matcha green tea powder to the bottom of your coffee mug of choice.
- In a small saucepan bring milk of choice to a simmer over low heat. Slowly pour hot water into coffee mug with green tea powder. Whisk slowly as you pour. Tip the mug and pour in the milk (this creates that signature latte foam).
- Sweeten with honey or agave nectar.
- Sip and enjoy your matcha latte.
Yield1 Matcha Latte
If you are looking for something frosty and refreshing you have to try the Matcha Frappuccino.
Share this Recipe