A stunningly pretty, dairy-free Japanese dessert.
So beautiful and healthy! These black sesame matcha pudding spheres are as fun to look at as they are to eat.
Individually, matcha green tea powder and black sesame flavors can be fairly intense—but they can also be easily tamed with delicious results. Almond milk is the perfect addition for these two flavors, adding a surprising richness and smooth creaminess to this matcha pudding with just the perfect amount of sweetness.
Matcha tea powder is a superfood powerhouse all on its own, and it has a crazy amount of health benefits for your body and mind. Besides keeping your body safe from diseases and bad health, it’s also a major calorie-blaster and an amazing anti-ager. It’s great for your skin, your teeth, your digestion, your heart, and your immunity.
Besides all this, matcha tea powder is full of L-theanine, which is wonderful for your mood and mind. It greatly reduces stress, helps you relax while staying alert, and lifts your mood. It will also give you increased energy that can last up to six hours, without making you jittery and without resulting in the caffeine crash that comes with coffee.
For this black sesame matcha pudding spheres dessert, the sprinkling of black sesame and matcha powder on top of the spheres is what truly gives this dessert its beauty.
Enjoy this amazing matcha treat!
Black Sesame and Matcha Pudding Spheres RecipePublished: 2016-06-21
Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 15 mins Total time: 35 mins
- 3 tablespoons black sesame paste
- 5 teaspoons crushed black sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons agar agar (or 2 packets of gelatin)
- 2 1/2 cups Silk almond milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1-2 tsp Epic Matcha green tea powder
NOTE: For a creamy, more traditional pudding texture, use only half of the suggested amount of agar agar or gelatin, and place the pudding mixture in a small mason jar or bowl.
- Bring sugar, sesame paste, seeds, and almond milk to a boil, stirring until all the contents fully dissolve.
- Once at a boil, add the agar agar mixture and stir until dissolved.
- Add coconut milk, stir, and remove from heat.
- Let the mixture sit for 10–15 minutes until cool.
- Pour into a mold, such as spherical ice cube trays, and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with a dusting of matcha green tea powder on top.
Want to learn how to make matcha everything? Get our matcha recipe book, or visit our blog. You’ll quickly see how adding matcha to your everyday recipes will help you think better, feel better, and live better!